Hi I’m Elaine.
You know how you have that one friend who knows about the best restaurants in town and can recommend the perfect place for whatever food mood you’re in?
A friend suggested I start a blog as a way of putting my recommendations out there for everyone to share. That was way back in 2007. A lot has changed since then.
At that point, I had left my 11 year career as an Emmy Award nominated television (MTV Asia, CBS in San Francisco) and radio (Cumulus in the States, Metro Radio in Hong Kong) producer and writer. Then, I spent 10 years in Silicon Valley as a communications and marketing exec, and even had a side gig as a freelance food and lifestyle writer for websites like BlogHer, HeardAbout, SheKnows, Scoutmob, and KQED’s Bay Area Bites.
After becoming a stay-at-home Mom, this blog took a backseat for a few years. But I’m slowly starting to give this thing another try. It’ll still reflect my love of food and sharing it with awesome people, along with the occasional recipe. I’ll also offer up tips and tricks for food and travel (Disneyland is a favorite of the family), crafts, and other adventures.
I’d love to hear from you so feel free to follow me on Instagram @virgoinwonderland and message me there. I’m also open to product reviews or collaborations.
Here’s some tidbits about me…
– I don’t drink alcohol, soda, or any caffeine (yes, that means no coffee).
– Yellow cheese DOES NOT belong on a pizza.
– I’d rather have a bag of chips than a slice of chocolate cake or a scoop of ice cream.
– Bad service at retail or restaurants is my biggest pet peeve.
– I hate okra, coconut, liver, sweet potatoes, and lamb. Otherwise, I’m up for almost any other culinary adventure.
Thanks for stopping by!